Friday, May 25, 2018

Exciting Mountain Cabin News

Hi Friends!
I'm so excited to share my good news with you about my search for a mountain cabin.
After several disappointments and a few possibilities that fell through,
I finally found my rustic log cabin. 
Isn't it great? Exactly what I wanted. 


I've been dreaming of a mountain cabin getaway for years 
and honestly wasn't sure it would ever actually happen. 
I always feel better in the mountains -- relaxed, peaceful, grounded and happy. 
Like it's someplace I'm supposed to be. 
So, I'm thrilled my dream is really coming true. 


I made an offer the first time I saw it.
Realtor Phil called me the next day to say:
"Well, I have good news and . . . pause  (you're killin' me here Phil) some more good news! 
They accepted your offer."

Yippee!
I was so nervous thinking someone else might beat me out of this little beauty.


It pretty much met all of my wish list items. 

 ✓ I wanted a rustic cabin under 500 square feet (this one is 336 square feet). Check.

✓ I wanted some land so the neighbors wouldn't be too close
(there are only a few houses in this remote area). Check.
The cabin sits on about 4.5 acres at an elevation of --  ready for this? -- 10,000 feet!

✓ I was hoping it would be under two hours from home. Check.
(but it is on a rather bumpy road).

✓ I wanted to stay within my budget
(my offer was under asking price and they accepted it). Check.

✓ And I wanted lots of pine trees. 
(There are mountains all around the cabin and the property backs onto 
National Forest land so no one will be building there.) Check. 


So you're wondering what it looks like inside, aren't you?
I took some photos inside but am waiting until the closing to share them.
For now, I'm showing you just the outside.

It's truly a historic gem.
It's an old miner's cabin that was originally in the next town.
Somewhere along the way, somebody decided to move it to this piece of land.
I'm so glad they did. It's unbelievably beautiful.
This is one of the breathtaking 14,000 foot mountains right in our front yard!


Now, we wait for inspections and then the closing, scheduled for June 5.
I don't know if I can wait that long.

Meanwhile, we are making lists of things to take on our first visit 
when we will just be cleaning and disposing of unwanted things left behind. 
The cabin is in great shape; there will be some minor projects but nothing too daunting. 
I also want to take measurements of the two rooms and the windows 
so I can start planning what to take there. (Ever the decorator!)

My dream of a mountain cabin getaway is coming true, my friends. 
And I couldn't be more thrilled and can't wait to share some more pictures with you. 
I hope you'll join me on this adventure.

***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me by email.
Just subscribe (it's FREE) in the upper right column of this page.
You can also follow my Pinterest boards to see all my favorite photos.
Thank you!!

***



37 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Lovely place and love the mountains and pine trees! I look forward to seeing the inside and how you two make it all yours! Again, Congratulations on a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jane! I can't wait to get up there. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Marty! I'm so excited, it's all I can think about. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  3. This is so exciting! For you, a dream come true. The countryside is beautiful! I can hardly wait to see the inside and how you decorate it and make it homey.

    Have FUN ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine! I can hardly wait too...stay tuned. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  4. Congratulations so glad for you, it looks perfect and those hills awesome. I know it is a dream come true so in 2 wks we get to see the inside, i will be ready haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marlene! It really is a dream come true. I've been making lists of things I want to take to the cabin...may take more than two weeks to decorate so stick around. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  5. Congratulations. The cabin is lovely and so peaceful looking surroundings. Enjoy. May you many happy memories there.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn. I'm sure there will be lots of memories and maybe even a change in my life. Who knows? Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! How thrilling! I too, am thinking about getting a little cabin in the mountains to get away from the summer heat here in Joshua Tree. It is wonderful and inspiring to hear about your home! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Arell. I used to live in California, had to leave when it got too crowded. Am familiar with Joshua Tree, beautiful but it is hot. I hope you find a little getaway in the cool mountains. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  7. If you don't have a dream, how are you going to have a dream come true :) I am so happy that your dream is coming true. Congratulations.
    God bless you.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Connie, you always make me smile. Dream is coming true and there will be "happy talk."
      Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  8. I am so happy for you! Your dream cabin is absolutely beautiful and the views, breathtaking! I'm so excited to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda! I'm excited to see the inside again too. It was a whirlwind visit and can't go back inside until after the closing, etc. Hurry hurry. Breathtaking is a perfect description. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  9. Congratulations Pat! What a charming little cabin (with so much potential] and a beautiful view. I’m sure you will have a ton of fun fixing it up and decorating it. I look forward to following along as you transform everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa (glad you found my post). Thanks again for all your cabin inspiration at Dancing Dog Cabin. Can't wait to start fixing it up. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  10. Congratulations! That's so exciting. Is it close enough that you can go often?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stacey. The cabin is about two hours from my front porch, which was the most I was willing to drive so it's perfect for a day trip or an overnighter but I'm hoping to stay for several days at a time when it's livable. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Mary! May I have the next dance? Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  12. I'm very happy. It looks beautiful and very you! 'My' mountains bring me so much peace and I look forward to your serene cabin posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. It feels like home already and I can't wait to get to use it. I'm sure I'll be inspired looking at those magnificent mountains. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  13. Fabulous!! It looks like a perfect mountain getaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole! I think it's perfect for me. I wish all you sweet bloggers could visit sometime! Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  14. You found your perfect getaway Yay! The isolation is daunting for me but for you it is what you wanted. May it bring you peace and joy at each visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a thoughtful comment Ann. Thank you for your good wishes. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  15. All best wishes and good luck with the closing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful, Pat! Congratulations! I can't wait to see the interior (before AND after), and read all the details (like, do you have running water and electric in such a remote place? how much property do you have surrounding? I'll live the cottage dream vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita! I can't wait either, lots of ideas but first I have to see how much space I have to work with. Stay tuned for Before and Afters. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  17. Oh Pat, for me it is love at first sight. If the inside is half as great as the outside you found a jewel for sure. You probably have about a thousand ideas for the cabin running around in your head. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sharon, love at first sight and hopefully for many years to come. It really is a little jewel and I had to laugh at your comment about all the ideas for the cabin. You are my people! Stay tuned, Pat

      Delete
  18. Pat, Congratulations! Now we both have a log cabin! I know I call ours the red painted cottage, but it's really a tiny log cabin that happens to be painted red on the exterior. Ours is just under 700 sq. ft., and it's amazing how you can live in such a small spot. Our RV was much smaller and we lived in it for 4 months each winter. I love how yours looks and all the beauty around it! Awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carol! Thanks so much. I'm so excited to get in there and start making it our own. 700 square feet sounds big to me as mine is only 336. I'm sure if it's your primary home, then that might feel a bit tight. As a fellow lover of red, I'm definitely planning some red touches! Hugs, Pat

      Delete