Friday, May 11, 2018

It All Started with a French Tablecloth

I've wanted a colorful French tablecloth for years 
so when I spotted this one at a recent street market, 
I had to have it.


The blue and yellow colors gave the patio that warm ambiance of Provence 
and it was the perfect size for my bistro table in "Cafe Bleu."


With olives on the print, the fabric is coated with something that resists stains and dirt. 
Love that!


The tablecloth inspired me to spruce up this corner of the garden. 


Although it's a bit early to plant annuals, many of my perennials are at their spring peak.
(The blue flower pot picks up the blue of the tablecloth and, yes, it was an alley find!)


This private space in the garden is alive with white candytuft, lavender phlox, 
and pale blue forget-me-nots with blue and pink larkspur and red bee balm ready to bloom. 


The fragrant lilac bush that hugs this small patio is also peaking. 


In back of the bistro table I placed a small bench with watering cans 
and a concrete urn holding a transplanted ostrich fern. 


So please come on in and join me. 


Cafe Bleu is always open.


***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me by email.
Just subscribe (it's FREE) in the upper right column of this page.
You can also follow my Pinterest boards to see all my favorite photos.
Thank you!!!

***

Linking with: 

15 comments:

  1. Is it coated with wax? It is common to find tablecloths that are "ciré," which allows for pretty motifs like you find with regular fabric, but which are stain-resistant. They soften up over time.
    The yellow and blue are so classic for the south of France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty tablecloth! And I love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful find for Cafe Bleu. It all looks lovely.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little sitting area and the tablecloth is beautiful! Your garden is lovely. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tablecloth. I have the exact same one, but it is pure cotton and not coated in anything. It was a gift from a friend about twenty years ago, she bought it in Provence. It has lasted well, in fact perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your back yard looks so inviting. Every detail is perfection.
    Keep Smiling!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!!! Did you do all your own landscaping?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tablecloth really brightens up the space - it's all so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cozy Pat. The tablecloth really adds a spark to that corner. I hope to be seeing it in June. More about that later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The perfect cloth for your Cafe Bleu, Pat! I can't believe how full your garden is already. Looks beautiful. I'd love spending time at that table with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty - love the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With such a pretty spot to have a nice outdoor snack, i wish i could say i will be right over to spend an afternoon but, of course, impossible so i will dream. Such a dreamy spot among those lovely settings.Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tablecloth, I am always looking at the thrift stores for French linens . Café Bleu cherche fabuleux! Lisa @ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pat, I just love how the table is a destination spot in your garden. The tablecloth is perfectly beautiful out there.

    So glad you shared this at the garden party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a charming garden and great table to sit and enjoy a cool drink! Great tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete