Friday, May 24, 2019

Stand by Me


It's been driving me crazy trying to find the perfect spot for this 
little red three-tiered stand that I purchased at least twenty years ago.

I'm not really sure what it was used for but I like to imagine it holding
beautiful wine decanters, sparkling glasses and fancy hors d'oevures
in a penthouse, of course.

I also admit I bought it because it was red!
And I admired the Bakelite handles and chrome trim. 


Moving it here. Trying it there. 
I think it's been in every room in my house. 


Now I'm pleased to report I finally found its forever home.
It has settled in next to my red leather chair and ottoman in my office. 


With a small lamp on the top shelf, it's a perfect quiet spot for reading. 


I untied the sheers on the tall windows to soften the light. 

And recently my lovely neighbor gave me this chippy column.
(We both grabbed a column when a house was being demoed.
Now I have a matching pair!)


I love accessorizing the table with some vintage finds like this metal lotion holder. 
The bottles are triangular-shaped so all three fit together perfectly. 


This vintage compact beautifully complements the lotion holder. 
I can still smell traces of the powder inside
reminding me of my mother. 


In the middle row are old black and white family photos in art deco frames.

And the bottom shelf holds inspirational books and a vintage silver alarm clock. 


Ahh, it's good to be home. 

***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me by email.
Just subscribe, it's free, in the upper right column of this page.
You can also follow my Pinterest boards to see all my favorite photos.
Thanks so much!

***

10 comments:

  1. LOVE your sweet table and I totally LOVE your red leather chair!!!! What a perfect corner!! And perfect for reading!! Also LOVE those pillars!!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely space to sit and relax. What a find that table was, even 20 or so years ago.

    Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table and adore the red chair! I considered decorating with red, but my husband was not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To cute to not have a "forever home".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never say, "it's forever home" because sooner or later you'll think of another place to put it, LOL. it does look wonderful beside that chair:) Now I have a question for you. Is it possible for you to put on a pair of red shoes and not literally dance around the room? That's what happens to me every time. I love red shoes, they lift my spirits. :)
    Have a sweet day & dance a little.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't make you crazy when you want and enjoy a piece but takes a while to find the right spot? I've been there and looks great. Love the pillow and throw.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! Love all the red, Pat!!! Glad your stand finally found its home. Thank you for sharing at Share Your Style #210.

    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have nabbed that table in a heartbeat! Very cool vintage style. It is absolutely perfect with the red leather chair. We could all use a nice cozy spot to read. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your creative, dreamy-vintage romantic, Parisian style Pat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber, YES! I saw my feature on Escaping to a French Garden and I thank you so much. Being featured really helps get our blogs to more bloggers. Much appreciated. Love your blog. Big hugs, Pat

      Delete