Friday, May 17, 2019

Escape to a French Garden

Like many parts of the country, we are finally getting some warm, dry weather.
Lilac bushes are blooming, flowers are popping,
 and we've brought the patio cushions outside to relax.

Please take a moment from your busy day and escape to my French garden. 


I'm drawn to this little corner of my garden
where I can dream and plan my next step in the garden. 


This salvaged brick path winds through the garden,
beckoning me to enter "Cafe Bleu." 


Come on in and join me.
Cafe Bleu is open.


We all crave a bit of solitude, don't you think?

Even though we live in a densely populated area of Denver,
this garden feels like I'm in Provence, a private place to read or watch the birds at the feeder. 


 I found this metal pitcher at a garage sale for a dollar!
Originally dark green, I spray painted it white and added some cheery yellow flowers. 


The French tablecloth pulls the yellow and blue pallet together. 


I found these blue seat cushions at WalMart. 
They are a perfect match to the blue in the tablecloth.

My eyes are drawn to the basket of my vintage blue bicycle
overflowing with artificial flowers. 
(I don't think I can kill these ones!)


Roxy enjoys exploring the Cafe Bleu garden too.


A' bientot (see you soon) and keep on dreamin'.

***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me by email.
Just subscribe in the upper right column of this page.
You can also follow my Pinterest boards to see all my favorite photos.
Thanks so much!

***

17 comments:

  1. I love your private little place to sit and enjoy the flowers in your garden,very peaceful. Have a great weekend ate cafe bleu, wish i were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet little space to relax any time of day.

    Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy knows all about gardens and relaxing after the trimming and watering is done. Your garden looks special and properly cared for. Summer will come....and you are prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un super coin. Meilleurs voeux de Pologne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and relaxing idea! I would love to do this in my yard somewhere and make a nice area to sit and possibly picnic as well. I may begin to look for items that I can add to our outside décor once I get the cleanup done in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Madame, what a nice retreat to sit in Café Bleu with a cup of coffee. Your garden looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden looks so pretty and summery. It doesn't look that way here yet. Too much rain. Every thing is green but not much bloom. I love the bicycle with flowers. Roxie looks a little bigger than the last time I saw her pic. More fluffy hair. I love that little corner of your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I love yellow and blue and who doesn't like lilacs? I'm waiting for ours to bloom and hope the thunderstorms actually stop long enough for them to last a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks just beautiful. Those lilacs are just glorious right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I heard you got snow this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and serene spot you have created in your garden Pat.
    Thank you for sharing it at Shabby Art Boutique this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your French garden at tonight's party and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is such a peaceful garden and so beautiful. Reminds me of a little hidden corner on a provencal home. And your pup is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would so love to have a beautiful space like this in our yard to sit and have a cup of iced tea and gather my thoughts. Love the walkway, the bike, the trellis and those flowers! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. Pinned! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden is truly beautiful. Just stopped to Delightsome Life to see what's going on and saw your post. Your garden is like Provenance. Your garden path is lovely. I would love to start following your blog. Thanks for the inspiration

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! Heavenly... I wish I had some lilacs growing here in Texas, they are so beautiful! Yours seem very happy there in your garden, Pat. And so is Roxy!!! Thank you for sharing at last week's Share Your Style. I'll be featuring your post this week.

    Happy spring,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pat, your corner in the garden is heavenly! So pretty, the perfect place to relax with a cup of tea, a few friends, or just your darling Roxy. xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pat I just love this post! I am not sure if you saw, I featured you at TFT last week with several other French features you will love. Thanks for sharing this beautiful inspo!

    ReplyDelete