Friday, February 8, 2019

How to Change Your Look with White

February is our coldest month here in Denver, 
a time when we shelter in place and snuggle close to a roaring fire.
It's also the ideal time to change the look of your rooms.

It's actually easy and very inexpensive.
Just move things around, mix and match what you already have, and bring on the white stuff. 
No, not the snow! 
Your white ironstone, white furniture, and white accessories. 


Add a few interesting pieces that warm up the white such as linen, baskets, old books or silver. 




I decided to make over my dining room. 
Here's the "Before" picture. 
See if you can spot the "After" changes in the next photo.


This photo shows the "After" dining room with a few changes.
I created a new look without buying anything new. In fact, everything is old. 

Some changes are subtle like the long white tablecloth;
others are more obvious such as the styled bookcase. 


I love the look of old books so I gathered most of mine into a bookcase
 that had previously looked like this. Before ...


And here's the "After" picture.
I think the old books add warmth and texture to a room that might look cold on its own
plus they're a striking contrast to the white ironstone. 


Here's a "Before" shot of my little French side table 
with an ironstone pot filled with pine cones. 


And here's the same table loaded with decor books, a cement urn and a candle. 


Another "Before" picture of my vintage medicine cabinet.


Medicine cabinet 2.0.
 The rich woods in the table and cabinet and a little bling
bring sparkle and warmth to a dark corner. 


So, how many changes did you find in this little makeover?
I hope you have fun adding white to your decor for a brand new look.

***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me on email.
Just subscribe in the upper right column of this page.
You can also visit my Pinterest boards to see all my favorite photos.
Thank you!!!

***

Linking with:
Little FarmsteadDwellingsStone Gable,
Follow the Yellow Brick HomeFrench Country Cottage


31 comments:

  1. A charming dining room! I like both the before AND the after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is n't it surprising what a few changes make in the look? You certainly have Mom's eye for decorating . I remember Mom having a two sets of curtains for every room. I also remember they were plastic. You do a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I don't remember the plastic curtains but am not surprised! Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  3. Was i suppose to count,lol! I just love looking at all of the wonderful stuff in the picture and how you display, thanks for all these ideas. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the changes! You can never go wrong with white, i especially love the vintage medicine cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! (The medicine cabinet was a steal at an estate sale for $5.) Can you believe it? Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  5. Clever girl! Decorating with books is my kind of place. I have books stacked everywhere, not as neat and tidy as yours but I love books. Your books are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ann! Wouldn't it be great to have a floor to ceiling bookcase? Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  6. Nice! I'm in the process of doing the same things too, moving things around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! Enjoy moving your things around and have a great week. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  7. Love what you have done. It is nice to change things around sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like some of your antique pieces and how you have used them in your decor. I have pinned some so now I will be on the hunt for similar ideas. Do you have and Instagram account? I am going to sign up to follow your blog. Thank you for sharing.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much L. Pamela! I do so appreciate you following my blog. No, I don't do Instagram but I do have some boards on Pinterest. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  9. Lovely, Pat... The room is elegant and cozy, and I love your ironstone. Visiting by way of Sundays At Home. Would love to have you link-up on Tuesdays at Homestyle Gathering via My Wee Abode! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely transformation as usual, Pat! I'm with you on ironstone and old books for sure. Love the tablecloths. Isn't shopping the house so satisfying? (And fun!) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing at Homestyle Gathering! I'm sure our readers loved seeing your white décor tips! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pat! Not sure if my message went through. Here it is again. Two good markets in ABQ are Past Present and IN-Between on Lomas, and Things Etc Indoor Flea Market on Central. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so sweet Jacqueline to make sure I got this info. Will have to hit these markets next time in ABQ. Love that tall candlestick. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb work you well done on this blog, I am deeply read your blog I got of many information on this, keep sharing like this type of blog, I hope you will be create soon this type of blog and valuable information, I am waiting for your new blog, I hope I will be see you soon, thank you so much for read my comment, I am suggest to you all comment reader please read this blog he will be mention lot of information on this please go and read it, If any one searching dynamic website designing company in Delhi in cheap rate please go on my website, we are do for you any think.
    Dynamic Website Designing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to read your article, I got a many useful information on this blog, I think you will be share with us like this type of article, keep share more like this type of topic am happy to see your blog post, thank you so much for share this useful information with us, If any one grow up looks and life style please come on my website.
    Lifestyle Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really read your information you will mention on blog it’s provided us with helpful information for me, thank you so much for sharing this useful information with us.
    Web Designing Company In Delhi | SEO Services In India

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’ve learned a lot from your blog here, Keep on going, my friend, I will keep an eye on it.
    High Volume Low Speed Fan Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the changes! You can never go wrong with white, i especially love the vintage medicine cabinet!
    LEGO Toys

    ReplyDelete
  19. Privacy advocates warn us there aren 1,500 reasons why you should think twice before trusting encrypted Web content if you trust companies selling cookies or other services on these same online platforms.
    seo
    Imseo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing this very informative blog with us. I read your blog and find out that this is very useful and informative for those people who really need to know about.

    Transformer Manufacturers In India
    Transformer Manufacturers In Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  21. if you are a Pakistani citizen, and want to remain updated about your favorite team’s status in the tournament, stay tuned on PTV Sports Live, scores, and much more. PTV Sports airs on the terrestrial, Cable Network, and Satellite Network and will be available for the ICC T20 World Cup Live Cricket Streaming.

    ReplyDelete