Friday, July 19, 2019

Mountain Cabin Summer Update

We've finally been able to reach our cabin in the mountains. 
The last time we attempted it, there was still lots of snow blocking our road. 
So, now that the snow has melted, we've visited the cabin a couple of times so far this summer.

Everything is so green!


I had purchased a super comfy chair from Habitat for Humanity back in March
and now we could finally moved it from the middle of our guest room floor to the cabin. 
Then I moved all the furniture around until it was cozy and not too crowded.

I think this arrangement works!
What do you think?


Here's a "before" picture of this tiny space on the day I bought the cabin..
It's come a long way. I think it doesn't even look like the same room.


My main objective in the cabin was to have a comfortable space.
For those of you who don't know, this cabin is only about 350 square feet!


One more thing I added was a thick area rug to soften the tile floor. 
Roxy is happy to have her favorite green chair back. 


I'd found an old galvanized bucket under the back deck of the cabin 
and thought it would make a cool battery-powered chandelier. 
Ron took the project on and I just love it. It looks especially pretty at night.


In keeping with our Rustic Western theme, we had fun decorating with
 old snowshoes (above) and this incredible elk antler we hung over the bed.


A few sweet items in the bedroom. Don't you love the little western vest?


Some old lanterns look perfect atop our cast iron stove.

There's an interesting story here . . . I was standing on a ladder trying to hang a lantern from
a beam when I couldn't quite reach the nail. I put one leg on the stove and one on the ladder
and wham! The ladder went out from under me and I went sailing onto the tile floor. Ouch!
Just a few bruises and some pain but all is well now Won't do that again!


We replaced the long table top that had been under the front windows with a shorter top
that fits perfectly as an end table next to the loveseat. I added a few western items
like this 1920's calendar, some dried grasses and feathers, and a deer antler.


Last year when the cabin was broken into, the burglar shredded our magnetic door screen.
We hung a new and improved one guaranteed to keep the hummingbirds from flying into the cabin!


And when all the decorating is done (is it ever?), 
we retreat to the secluded back deck with this amazing view. 


More projects next time. 
Stop by for a visit!
I hope you're having a wonderful summer.

***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me by email.
Just subscribe in the upper right column of this page.
Thank you!!!

***

11 comments:

  1. What a transformation you have made in your cabin, it is perfect. I can just imagine how relaxing it is to go up there and get away from all things busy and hurried. Love the red checked loveseat and the bucket light fixture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses...............

      Delete
  2. Your arrangement in the cabin looks so cozy and nice, love your bucket light too. That back view is such a peaceful place to sit and enjoy all the outdoors, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a beautiful job in decorating your little cabin. What fantastic views.

    Happy Summer ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. That view is amazing from your beautiful little cabin! Nice to see all your updates. So charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little retreat! Views are lovely and it appears to be so quiet and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cozy retreat you have created. And those amazing views. I wouldn't want to ever leave. Enjoy!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks charming, Pat! Enjoy the rest of this beautiful summer in your cabin retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, have you thought of adding a rain cachement system to collect water? Maybe a small propane fridge? You could stay there for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

  9. I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses...............

    ReplyDelete