Friday, November 9, 2018

Beauty and the Bench

When we moved the console table that was behind the couch to its new home
in the cabin we created an empty space that never looked quite finished. 
It needed a little pizzazz.
Something to shuzz it up. 


In such a small space, I didn't want another console table or cupboard there.
Then I remembered I had a bench Ron made for me that had a beautiful
blue/gray patina from being outside the last couple of years.

Yes, a bench would be perfect. 
Not too tall, not too wide. Just right. 


But it looked a little bare. 
Hey, that's never a problem; I had lots of treasures yearning to be on display.
I could almost hear them shouting, "Put me in Coach!"

I love the look of books in a room and knew I wanted a stack of books on the bench.
It could also look cozy just with books lined up all the way across it. 


Next, I topped the books with a vintage silver pitcher and some faux flowers. 


Then I added some candles. 


Still looked unfinished. 
So I tried a nice old demijohn, some more candles and a small trophy. 


And voila!
Beauty and the Bench. 

I like that the bench is light and airy and doesn't take up a lot of space. 


Looks like Roxy approves. 
No doubt she thinks there's food on the bench!
Actually, it would also work great for party snacks and drinks. 


I am already imagining what I will do with this bench for the holidays.


So, stay tuned.

***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me by email.
Just subscribe in the upper right column of this page.
You can also follow by Pinterest boards to see all my favorite pixs.

8 comments:

  1. This bench looks lovely in it's new space.

    Happy November ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bench is a perfect piece to put there, just the right size. Books, candles all the lovely colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many years ago, I had a very similar bench behind my sofa, and used baskets underneath, filled with this and that; quilts, pine cones, etc...or even a dogs bed! Adds even more dimension and of course, storage space:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and I love he title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great and can't wait to see what you do with it for the holidays. Also, your table centerpiece is festive for Thanksgiving. You give a lot of thought to your seasonal décor and always seem to get it just right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bench is the perfect size and looks so pretty! Love the way you styled it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dog is adorable! Love that bench -- the size and color are perfect. Have fun decorating it for the holidays:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete