Friday, December 7, 2018

My French Country Christmas Dining Room

Welcome to my French Country Christmas dining room and kitchen.
Last week I showed you My French Country Christmas living room.
Now, I'd like to share my French Country Christmas dining room and kitchen.

Adding a few little holiday touches is all it takes to bring the season into my dining room.


There was enough extra garland left over from the living room mantel
to drape the old farmhouse mantel in the dining room.
Tip:  I've since learned you're supposed to soak the garland in water
before using it so it doesn't dry out. 


In one corner of the dining room,
I propped an old sled like the one I had as a kid. 


This lovely garden statue Ron gave me for Christmas last year looks festive 
in his Santa hat and string of red wooden beads. 


I love the candle-glow against my white ironstone collection.
These battery-operated twinkly lights from Lowe's 
make it easy to highlight certain areas where you can't plug in. 


Then just a few special pieces tucked here and there.
The trophy reads The Young Farmers "Best Sheep in Show 1942"
and the shaggy sheep is a sweet complement to the trophy.







Now, on to the French Country Christmas kitchen . . . 

Because our galley kitchen is quite small, I keep the holiday decorations simple and sweet. 






Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!


20 comments:

  1. Belles décorations.:) Meilleurs voeux!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks very festive and pretty, i love the way you have it all arranged. Have a very Merry Christmas, and thank you for sharing all you have this past year i have enjoyed it alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene! I appreciate your kind words and am so glad you've enjoyed my blog. Merry Christmas! Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  3. VeWy pretty Sister. I still miss the Christmas tree. We will have one for both of us. I like the sled in the corner and the ironstone with twinkle lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! Love hearing your comments. When will you put your (our) tree up? Love and hugs, Pat

      Delete
  4. I so enjoy your posts. I love your vintage vibe. I want to come stay at your house so I can enjoy it more!😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Love this comment Chris! I wish you a wonderful holiday. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  5. Didn't know about the soaking thing, thanks for the tip! I love that trophy, and that dining room mantel as well. I also use the battery-operated lights all over the house at Christmas time....my husband can't believe all the batteries we go through lol Have a lovely holiday! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathleen! If your garland is already assembled, you can fill your bathtub and submerge it for a few hours. I'm always buying more batteries too! I hope you're having a wonderful vintage holiday. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

      Delete
  6. Wishing you a very happy 'howliday' season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I appreciate your sweet comments Carole. Happy holidays! Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  8. Everything is simply beautiful, Pat :) Your mantel is just lovely and I'm quite taken with your "Best Sheep in Show" trophy--what a find! Hope your holidays are blessed--

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pat, you have a very cozy French Country Cottage. Every detail is well thought out and strategically placed. The perfect place to have a nice cup of tea and cookies. Ever think of having an open house at Christmas time?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful touches! Love your mantel and the sled corner. Your decorations really let your beautiful rooms show. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Pat! I love all of your cozy vintage Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely room! I love your mantle in the room.

    ReplyDelete