Friday, March 23, 2018

~~ French Country Home Tour ~~

Welcome to my home.
I saw an ad today in the neighborhood newspaper advertising an upcoming Home Tour
so I thought I'd do a private home tour just for you.

Come on in and make yourself comfortable.
I can't wait to show you around.

I fell in love with this house at first sight because it reminded me of a quaint stone cottage.


Built in 1907, my Victorian Cottage is located near a big park in an old part of Denver, Colorado.
As a history buff, I love living in an old house that's been home to so many fascinating people
including a turn-of-the century mailman who kept his horse in our back yard!

Our cozy house is small and decorated with a neutral color palette
of creams and whites in a comfortable French Country style.

We have only the very latest home security system.
Don't let Roxy fool you. At the first squeak of the front gate, she'd be tearing the place apart!


The living and dining rooms flow together in a long, narrow space -
1900's version of open concept.


The far wall is covered with old mirrors, adding visual interest and reflected light into the room.
They also draw attention to the high ceilings and away from the dog toys on the floor.

The mantel is not original to the house although most visitors think it is.
 It was actually salvaged from an old Ohio farmhouse and painted white.
I think it warms up the space and provides a pretty focal point. 


The compact galley kitchen is a blank canvas where I can add fun French Country touches. 
A white farmhouse sink is on my wish list!


A tiny bedroom on the main floor serves as a guest room or a cozy spot for an afternoon nap.


The sunroom, with a farmhouse flair, is one of my favorite rooms
to have coffee in the mornings, read in the afternoons,
and catch up over a glass of wine in the evenings.
Roxy has claimed the comfy chair. 


Upstairs is the bedroom, bathroom and my office.
I like to imagine I'm in a tiny attic looking out over the rooftops of Paris.


Once the weather warms up, we're outside on the patio or in the garden all the time.


When I bought this house thirty years ago, the back yard was all grass. 
Over the years, I've added the flagstone patio, a potting shed, winding paths, rock walls 
and the flower gardens that surround a tall crab apple tree. 


Sometimes, I wish we had a bigger house to make room for all the treasures we like to collect
but, honestly, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. 
I do hope you enjoyed your visit. 
Please come again soon.

***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me by email.
Just subscribe (it's FREE) in the upper right column of this page.
You can also follow my Pinterest boards to see all my favorite photos.
Thank you!!

***

Linking with:
Shabby Art BoutiqueLittle FarmsteadDwellingsOur Southern HomeThe Dedicated House,
Between Naps on the PorchStone GableA Stroll Thru LifeSavvy Southern Style,
DesignthusiasmHave a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson21 Rosemary Lane,
Petite HausFrench Country Cottage

22 comments:

  1. Your home is charming and I know that you put so much of yourself into every corner of it. It is a home that shows that it's loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your place, it is a place I would enjoy living in myself.

    Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cottage. It is so charming and inviting that I can see why you would never want to move away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, love your sweet home! It exudes such warmth and welcome. I am charmed by every post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is lovely and the garden enchanting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. (The garden looks a lot better in the summer!) Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  6. I love your cottage, it is a wonderful place to live and your garden is certainly an added feature to your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene! I can't wait to get back to the garden. I seem to forget about the house once warm weather shows up! Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  7. Hi Pat! I always love seeing your French country home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belle petite maison d'inspiration francaise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet French Cottage. Very cozy, Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing your home tour. It makes me think of quiet, peaceful visit with a longtime friend. Your home is beautiful. You've filled with a timeless and traveled appeal that draws me in right away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have certainly made your very charming French Country cottage a haven for you and your family!!!! Beautiful tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pat!
    I live in Denver in an old neighborhood as well. Wondering if you could share your favorite haunts to find unique things. I have some girlfriends visiting next month and they love your blog so thought it would be fun to poke around where you find all your great finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Wish I could go shopping with you gals! I love the antique mall on S. Broadway in Littleton but mostly I find things at estate sales, yard sales and the alley! Check on Craig's List for the current sales and good luck. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  13. It certainly isn't the size of our houses that is the most important factor in making them feel like home. Sometimes, less is actually more.

    ReplyDelete