Thursday, August 13, 2015

Late Summer Garden Beauty

Usually by August, my garden is looking a little tired. Kind of like me.
Most of the perennials have been cut down and the annuals are hot and crispy.

But this year, I'm determined to see the beauty still left in my garden. 
Taking time to look closely at textures and little things.

For instance, look at the incredible detail of this Love-in-a-Mist seed head.


And check out these perfect buds on my Japanese Anemone.


Almost missed this cute little guy in my geranium groundcover.


A simple morning glory winding its way up a weathered post . . .


and around a European watering can.


Purple blooms on a globe thistle are spectacular.


And look at these delicate garlic chive blossoms against rough juniper bark. 
(Can you spot the bee?)


Beauty is all around us if we take the time to look for it. 



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful end of summer post! There is a lot of beauty still in the garden and your pictures show that so well.

    ReplyDelete