Friday, December 8, 2017

A French Country Christmas Living Room


In my last post I'd decided not to have a tree this Christmas. Wait! What?
(If you missed that post, you can read it by clicking this link.)
Instead, I thought I'd decorate my living and dining rooms with vintage pieces,
while giving these rooms a little French Country flair.

So, let's start in the foyer. 
Welcome to my French Country Christmas!


This old nativity scene is actually Italian so it has that European feel.
I love the blue and red together.
The angel wreath always hung in my mother's kitchen window when I was growing up
and my sister hand painted the three sheep.


Come on in to the living room.


The mantel is always the focal point in holiday decor.
I love to use lots of candles and a few bottlebrush trees.


Cozy up to the fireplace.
An ironstone pitcher holds a stash of white candles on the console table behind the couch. 


A few baubles on a vintage wire tree and a candle bring sparkle to the living room . . .


and a French market basket, filled with holiday goodies, adds a bit of French soul.


An urn laden with holly, pine cones and antlers is a simple natural touch,
an important element in French Country design. 


Of course, I think everyone should decorate with whatever makes them happy.
But I've decided I'm content with how our house looks this year (without a tree).


So enjoyed hearing all your comments and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me by email.
Just subscribe (it's FREE) in the upper right column of this page.
You can also follow my Pinterest boards to see all my favorite photos.
Thank you!

***

Linking with:
Shabby Art BoutiqueBlue Willow HouseLittle FarmsteadDwellingsThe Dedicated House,
Between Naps on the Porch Coastal CharmStone GableA Stroll Thru Life,
Savvy Southern StyleDesignthusiasmA Delightsome LifeHave a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson,
21 Rosemary LanePetite HausFrench Country Cottage

19 comments:

  1. Little bottle brush trees or one big one is the same to me. I loved your nativity and window and story behind them. Sharing and caring is what Christmas is all about and you have accomplished both.Have a warm and wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that wire tree and ornaments. Lovely. 🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika! I hope you're having a great week. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  3. Understated and elegant, with some lovely treasured pieces, it still says Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole! You said it so well. Merry Christmas. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  4. Everything looks lovely, you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your living room is lovely and the nativity is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love how you grouped the candles in a stack, I may borrow that idea. Everything looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I think I borrowed it from someone too so have at it! Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  7. Pat, your decor is marvellous! Last year I used a little tree on top of the table in our living room. As pretty as it was, I missed the big one so the big one is back up this year and I'm happier. I guess I enjoy the tree too much to do without it. I have too many sentimental ornaments to not bring them out and hang them. Love your candles, BTW. Your Nativity is special too with the sweet hand painted sheep. Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas! Blessings...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi! I always say you should do what makes you happy and I'm glad you brought your big tree back. I managed to use my sentimental ornaments in other ways so it worked for me. I hope things are going well for you and that you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  8. So many beautiful ideas here Pat! Thank you so much for linking up with us at TFT!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/thursday-favorite-things/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber! I wish you a fantastic weekend. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love the crate and market basket! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete