Friday, November 17, 2017

A Day of Holiday Shopping

Sometimes holiday inspiration can be no further away than your local antique store or market. 
Shop owners are masters of staging and we can always pick up a few creative ideas from them. 


Even if you don't buy anything, the colorful displays are sure to inspire some clever ideas
and get you in the holiday mood. 


We just visited the Old House Vintage Market in Loveland, Colorado 
and saw lots of wonderful holiday goodies.




I may have to include some of these pretties in my letter to Santa.


After a nice lunch, we drove across town to peek in a couple of our favorite antique stores
where we ooh'ed and ahh'ed at their holiday displays. 









With Christmas just around the corner, this fun day was just the ticket 
to get the creative holiday juices flowing. 


It's not too early to start thinking about holiday gifts and decor. 
Have you been naughty or nice this year?

Oh, and Santa dear, I really loved those rooster pillows!

***

If you enjoyed your visit, I hope you'll follow me by email.
Just subscribe (it's FREE) in the upper right column of this page.
You can also follow my Pinterest boards to see all my favorite photos.
Thank you!!

***

Linking with:
Shabby Art BoutiqueBlue Willow HouseLittle FarmsteadDwellingsBetween Naps on the Porch,
Stone GableA Stroll Thru LifeSavvy Southern StyleA Delightsome LifeDesignthusiasm,
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson21 Rosemary LaneKatherine's CornerMy Thrift Store Addiction,
French Country Cottage

21 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! Little shops are so enchanting this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those types of shops. I also love that chalk board with the Dear Santa on it. I may have to do that here at my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carol. And Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  3. I can't think about Christmas until i get all my cooking done for Thanksgiving so, thanks for taking me on your little tour while i wait for my pumpkin bread to cook. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum Marlene! I love pumpkin bread. Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  4. Heh, heh...love that Naughty/nice sign. It's hard to think Christmas is 37 days away when it's been so warm. Will be able to focus more once I'm through Thanksgiving I guess. Hope springs eternal. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika! One step at a time, huh? Happy Thanksgiving this week. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  5. I am still on the same page as Marlene. Still thinking about Thanksgiving and all the goodies for that day. I love the metal angel with the feather wings and the little village all snow covered with deco in the windows. Reminds me of home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Jan. Wish we could be home for Thanksgiving; your meal is always special. Big hugs, Pat

      Delete
  6. I tried- LOL ;) Love the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun looking through those shops! I too love the rooster pillows and I love the carousel horse too. Angel wings are lovely and I adore those little villages. Thanks for taking me along and Happy Thanksgiving, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Sandi. Vicarious shopping is always fun! Happy Thanksgiving to you. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  8. What a fun day!! I spied quite a few things that would have made my Santa wish list!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Glad you went "shopping" with me. I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  9. I love shopping at these kinds of stores, especially at the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed all the eye candy and inspiration. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! (and thanks for hosting the Snickerdoodle party). Hugs, Pat

      Delete
  11. I love visiting a few local stores here that do wonderful holiday displays! Have not made it to any of them yet this year. I just finished decorating our home for Christmas, but I still would love a day of adventure and eye candy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete